And would be great that projects could be inside of a goal
I wonder if it would be possible to
- display goal next to a task similar to how project is displayed. If you click on "Someday" for example it is not there (but the info is there if you click on "Projects"
- be able to directly assign goal in task edit screen. Today I have to create task and then assign it to a goal
- be able to list tasks and projects with no goal assigned
Now there is last thing which would help me - tasks in a project could inherit the projects goal. But that could be my use case only...
Thank you, Vlad
You can assign a goal to project, and when you list the goal you see assigned tasks and projects. So I believe it is there. Or anything else missing?
Thank you very much for your suggestion, @theNeuron!
1. Levels of tasks can be like,
Goal - Project - Task
Project - Task
Goal - Task
so, as for a task, you may see either the attribute of project or that of goal.
But we've been thinking of better ways of presenting the levels.
2. be able to directly assign goal in task edit screen. - We've been thinking of better ways.
3. be able to list tasks and projects with no goal assigned - OK, written down.
4. tasks in a project could inherit the projects goal - they do now, just you cannot see it in a task, as it has been explained in "1".
@samu176 They could. Click into a project and choose a goal.
If my explanation is not clear enough, please feel free to tell me.
@Kassy , thank you for quick reply!
I am indeed moving from "Project - Task" structure to "Goal - Project - Task" one. Answers below:
1. If I click on "Today" I can see Tasks with little gray Projects they belong to, but not Goals. Even if it's "Goal - Task". This is on Android and Web client.
2. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I want to create a Project and assign it to a Goal. I have to
- create a project
- click on search to find that project
- that allows me to drag'n'drop the project to a Goal
The same for task. I thought that having the possibility to assign to a goal directly on a "new task" or "new project" dialog would be helpful. But if you say you have something better in preparation, I'm looking forward to it. Is it secret? :)
3. That might be my real issue. As I am restructuring my workflow, I do not know which Tasks and Projects are not under some Goal. Since I am trying to view the tasks by goal I may miss some.
Overall, 3 - ability to list Tasks/Goals is what I really miss, other are not too important and I can live without them easily.
@theNeuron Thank you very much for your follow up!
You may see the goal on task bar in iPhone version and the new test version of Android. And for the desktop and web version, we'll add it in the new design.
If you're using the online version of Android, you may apply to join the test of the new Android version by just telling us.
Have a nice day!